Yearly E-Waste Recycling Drive
Every Year, GroundWork group co-hosts an E-Waste Recycling Drive to help our nonprofit partners responsibly dispose of old electronic equipment. RenTek has been our partner for many years, providing the Central Ohio community with cost effective ways to recycle and reuse electronics. RenTek donates $.08 per pound on all materials collected to GroundWork Group to continue our mission to provide IT solutions to the nonprofit community. Your electronic recycling also enables RenTek to provide job readiness opportunities to individuals with developmental disabilities and other employment barriers.
Pounds of electronics recycled in past years:
- In 2017 – 4,700 pounds of electronics recycled
- In 2018 – 5,500 pounds of electronics recycled
- Help us reach our goal of 6,500 pounds recycled this year!
- When: Wednesday, June 12th, 2019, 11am – 1pm
- Where: Maple Grove United Methodist Church, 7 W Henderson Rd, Columbus, OH 43214
- Anyone wishing to recycle computer equipment and other electronics can drop items off at Maple Grove United Methodist Church between 11am-1pm. Just follow the signs marked “Recycling Event.” Volunteers will be on hand to unload the items from your vehicle. All electronic data and personal information is professionally erased using a method that observes R2 compliant standards.
- To learn more about RenTek and their recycling process, visit their website.
Acceptable items for recycling include:
- Most all electronic devices, computers, laptops, iPads, iPods and PDAs, cell phones, gaming systems, home stereos, VCRs and DVD players, wires and cables, LCD and CRT monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, copiers, ink and toner cartridges and computer parts and accessories.
- **Please note items containing Freon will not be accepted and a small fee will be charged for tube/projection TV’s ($2.00 per inch), printers/scanners/copiers ($2.00 ea.), LCD TV’s ($10.00 ea.) and CRT monitors ($20.00 ea.).
- Visit our Facebook event, or contact Maria Welter with any additional questions at email@example.com or call 614-884-7780 ext 104.